Sliding Fee Discount
ABOUT SLIDING FEE DISCOUNTS
Sliding Fee is a special program to assist those who have difficulty paying for medical and dental care. Depending on your income and family size, a sliding fee scale decides how much you and your family will pay for medical and dental services. Most services not covered by insurance or only partially covered by insurance are discounted on the basis of the patient’s ability to pay. Please note that not all procedures may qualify for sliding fee discount.
Ability to pay is determined by a patient’s annual income and family size according to the most recent U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Federal Poverty Guidelines.
Federal poverty levels change every year, so even if you did not qualify in the past, it is possible that you can qualify now.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SLIDING FEE
- Most current payroll check stubs for one month
- Unemployment award letter
- Most current Federal Income Tax Return
- Social Security or SSI award letter or copy of check.
- If you have no source of income ask our friendly staff at the center of your choice for more information on Sliding fee
We also need to know the number of people in your family which includes: you and your spouse (if applicable) and any dependents under 18 years of age. Dependents over the age of 18 must have their own account and a separate application for sliding fee. In addition, other family members living in your household (a parent or in-law, for instance) must also apply separately for their own sliding fee.
- Present all required information for the Sliding Fee Program at the time of service.
- Re-certify every twelve (12) months providing updated information.
- Provide a payment at the time of service.
- Re-certify prior to twelve (12) monthsanytime you have a change of income to provide the updated information.
HOW THE SLIDING FEE DISCOUNT WORKS
Even with the sliding fee discount, none of our services are free. There are minimum amounts for medical and dental services that must be paid at time of service. Medical and dental sliding fees have some differences in their scale.
Medical sliding fee:
- Depending on your income and family size you may qualify up to a 90% discount on services received .
- There is a minimum charge of $20.00 that needs to be paid at time of service.
Dental sliding fee:
- Preventive and diagnostic services:
Depending on your income and family size you may qualify up to a 90% discount on exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments, xrays, sealants, etc.
- There is a minimum charge of $30.00 that needs to be paid at time of service.
- Dentures, Crowns, Root Canals and Restorations, etc.:
These types of services can receive up to a 50% discount after any lab fees are paid at full price.
- There is a minimum charge of $30.00 that needs to be paid at time of service. This is in addition to the minimum for any preventive services performed on the same date.
- Lab fees are not entitled to a discount.