PLEASE FOLLOW THE HIRING GUIDELINES
- REVIEW JOB OPENING AND DESCRIPTION. IF SALARY, HOURS, BENEFITS, ETC. ARE ACCEPTABLE THEN SEND ME YOUR RESUME.
- SEND RESUME TO LINDA DORRANCE VIA E-MAIL OR FAX.
- EMAILED RESUMES MUST BE IN WORD OR PDF FORMAT ONLY!
E-MAIL – LDORRANCE@RHC1084.COM
IF YOU SEND YOUR RESUME VIA E-MAIL YOU WILL GET AN E-MAIL BACK FROM ME THAT I DID RECEIVE YOUR RESUME.
- PLEASE DO NOT CALL AND LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR ME TO CALL YOU BACK TO SEE IF I RECEIVED YOUR RESUME OR TO ANSWER QUESTIONS REGARDING THE POSITION.
- I WILL REVIEW ALL RESUMES. I WILL THEN SEND THOSE RESUMES THAT BEST QUALIFY FOR THE JOB TO THE MEDICAL/DENTAL DIRECTOR FOR THEIR REVIEW.
- THE MEDICAL/DENTAL DIRECTOR WILL THEN MAKE THE FINAL DECISION AS TO WHICH CANDIDATES WILL COME IN TO BE INTERVIEWED.
- I WILL CALL THOSE CANDIDATES, TO SET UP A DATE TO BE INTERVIEWED. AT THIS TIME, I WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE REGARDING THE POSITION.
- THE CANDIDATES WILL FILL OUT AN APPLICATION FORM FOR THE POSITION WHEN THEY COME IN FOR THE INTERVIEW.
- I WILL CALL ALL CANDIDATES WHO INTERVIEWED FOR THE POSITION AS TO WHETHER OR NOT THEY GOT THE POSITION.RESUME, DRIVERS LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, CPR, MEDICAL OR DENTAL LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION, PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA, AND REFERENCES
- SEE BELOW FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
BRING TO INTERVIEW
RESUME, DRIVERS LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, CPR, MEDICAL OR DENTAL LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION, PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA, AND REFERENCES
SEE BELOW FOR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
****Please Scroll To Bottom for Benefit Information****
We currently have 2 positions available
Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT/NURSE PRACTITIONER
Part Time at McKinney Clinic – Wilkes Barre PA
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Full Time with Benefits – Freeland Health Center – Freeland PA
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
(SICK, VACATION, PERSONAL & HOLIDAYS) AND FULL BENEFIT PACKAGE (SEE BELOW)
FEDERAL STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PLAN FOR FULL TIME & PART TIME EMPLOYEES
FULL TIME = UP TO $50,000*
PART TIME = UP TO $25.00*
*CAN ALSO APPLY FOR STATE STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT
JOB DESCRIPTION/PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
“The mission of RHC is to provide access to primary and preventive health care services to residents of all income levels within our service area.”
To function as a member of a team of health professionals providing medical services to ambulatory patients at the Center. The physician assistant shall, under appropriate direction and supervision by a physician assistant supervisor, augment the physician’s data gathering abilities in order to assist the physician in reaching decisions and instituting care plans for the physician’s patients. Physician assistants may be permitted to perform the following functions.
- Perform physical examinations and take histories from patients. Responsible for screening examinations on adults and pediatrics and recommends referrals where symptoms and signs indicate potentially serious or life threatening conditions.
- Responsible for emergency care in critical conditions; must know limits and make appropriate referrals in both emergent and non-emergent conditions. Must initiate appropriate evaluation and emergency management for emergency situations, for example, cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, injuries, burns and hemorrhage.
- In conjunction with the Center Director and Medical Secretary, responsible for seeing that all appropriate women have Pap smears, mammograms if indicated and instruction in self breast examination.
- Participate in formulation of appropriate RHC policies, procedures and protocols. Serve on RHC staff committees, as required. Responsible for supporting policies and programs of the Corporation, both clinically and administratively.
- Advise on adult and child immunizations and boosters where indicated.
- Perform evaluation of normal infants, children and adults; if doubt exists, refer accordingly. (Including physical and developmental screening.)
- Assume responsibility, along with Center Director, for family planning, providing information, counseling, examination and prescription of appropriate methods of birth control. Complete paper work, as necessary, for all programs. Provide financial and statistical data.
- Provide nutritional counseling such as the diet of normal infant or child, diabetic, hyperlipidemia and hypertensive diets; is familiar with and refers to other paramedical health programs and community resources for health guidance and specialty clinics.
- Assures maintenance of patient health records and transferred as required when patients are referred; also participates with the physician in a periodic review of the patient’s health records to determine health status. Records pertinent patient data.
- Make decisions regarding data gathering and appropriate management and treatment of patients for the initial evaluation of a problem or the follow-up evaluation of a previously diagnosed and stabilized condition.
- Prepare patient summaries.
- Initiate requests for commonly performed laboratory studies, x-rays or procedures.
- Collect specimens for any carry out commonly performed blood, urine and stool analysis and cultures.
- Identify normal and abnormal findings on history, physical examination and commonly performed laboratory or radiologic studies.
- Perform clinical procedures such as:
Suturing of superficial lacerations.
Control of external hemorrhage.
Application of dressings and bandages.
Removal of superficial foreign bodies.
Carrying out aseptic and isolation techniques.
Care and removal of superficial skin lesions.
- Dispensing, prescribing and administration of medications as specified in the RHC drug formulary protocol for mid-level practitioners as approved by the appropriate regulatory board.
- Provide counseling and instruction regarding common patient problems.
- Responsible for on-call coverage on a scheduled rotating basis established by the Center.
- Must engage in Continuing Medical Education activities in order to maintain validity of certification and participate in available in-service programs.
- This Job Description is in conjunction with approved duties of Physician Assistant as stated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, PA Code, Title 49, Professional & Vocational Standards, State Board of Medicine, and in conjunction with approved duties of Physician Assistant as stated in Chapter 25, State Board of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Attendance and punctuality.
- Adhere to all personnel policies in the conduct of personal and employment issues.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Frequent exposure to communicable disease, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Some standing or walking; handling light to moderate weights (t to 20 lbs.).
It has been determined that this job title has occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens and is covered under the RHC’s exposure control plan. This plan was constructed in order to prevent the transmissions of blood borne pathogens by limiting occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials.
Physician Assistant reports directly to the Center Director under auspices of the Medical Director or alternate
supervising physicians, coordinating with paramedical personnel and non-clinical personnel.
Subject to scale and increments as approved annually by the Board of Directors.
Three (3) weeks, Fifteen (15) days, increments subject to longevity.
Physician Assistant must be certified by the National Committee on Certification of Physician Assistants and
licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Person will preferably be a graduate of an approved Physician
Assistant Training Program.
GEISINGER PPO 2017-2018
SINGLE FAMILY H/W PAR/CHILD PAR/CHILDREN COST
COST PER EMPLOYEE: $747.70 $2,198.31 $1,675.00 $1,166.48 $1,645.10
RHC PAYS PER MONTH $725.00 $1,956.22 $1,490.75 $1,131.48 $1,595.65
YOU PAY PER MONTH $22.70 $242.09 $184.25 $35.00 $49.35
YOU PAY PER PAY $10.48 $111.73 $85.04 $16.15 $22.78 *(Based on 26 pays) ALL EMPLOYEES WILL PAY THE ABOVE RATE.
DENTAL RATES PAID BY RHC FOR INDIVIDUAL OR FAMILY IND= $22.63 FAMILY= $69.73
VISION IND = $4.17 (PAID BY RHC) FAMILY= $10.83 (PAID BY EMPLOYEE)
WAIVER BONUS ADDED TO PAY MEDICAL PLAN HUSBAND & WIFE = $138.88 FAMILY = $174.54 INDIVIDUAL = $67.30 (65 YRS AND OLDER ON MEDICARE) DENTAL= $12.30 VISION=$1.96
DENTAL RATES PAID BY RHC FOR INDIVIDUAL OR FAMILY
IND = $4.17 (PAID BY RHC)
FAMILY=$10.83 (PAID BY EMPLOYEE)
UNUM LIFE INS = NO CHARGE $50.000.00 POLICY
UNUM LTD = NO CHARGE
MALPRACTICE/ PROVIDED BY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
11 PAID HOLIDAYS
½ CHRISTMAS EVE
½ NEW YEARS EVE
403B TAX SHELTER ANNUITY
401K PENSION PLAN – RHC=4.5%
2 weeks per year.
SICK TIME 10 DAYS PER YEAR/ 3.08 ACCRUED PER PAY
CAN ACCRUE A TOTAL OF 480 HRS.
START= 2 DAYS BEFORE (DOH) OF MARCH, AFTER MARCH ONE PERSONAL TILL JULY 1ST THEN TWO
6TH YEAR= 3RD
9TH YEAR= 4TH
BIRTHDAY OFF – AFTER ONE YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT
FMLA AFTER ONE YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT
Employee Courtesy Allowances:
Discounts are granted to full-time employees if the employee and his eligible family members receive services provided by an RHC health center medical/dental provider.
Part-time employees working at least sixteen (16) hours per week are eligible for the medical and dental discounts; however, family members of part-time employees are not eligible.
Endodontics and prosthetics are not discounted for part-time employees.
Former employees, their spouses and their dependent children are not entitled to medical/dental discounts.
A discount applies only after all insurance benefits have been fully utilized.
Employee Responsibility: Employee will pay laboratory cost and other expenses RHC incurs for medical and/or dental services rendered.